Friday, October 16, 2009

Titbits from Mom..

Mom said something brilliant the other day which I thought I should share with u guys...

It was a wednesday morning and I decided not to go to work so I could sit at home and work on the 27 Oct course (send ppl pls!). I was quite light on work and my senior was out of town so it wouldn't really affect anything or anyone if I had stayed home. Then suddenly while having breakfast I remembered that I had called for a team meeting in office at 5:30 pm and that bunking it would not be appropriate. So I told mom I would go to work post lunch. The morning went by quite swiftly and after having a sumptious lunch, I started lazing around on the sofa. Then mom came into the drawing room and said "Aren't you going to office?" I looked at her very lazily and said, "No, I think I'll just chill at home." She looked straight at me and said, "Pooja, where's your integrity?" I was taken aback. Suddenly all the sleep was gone from my eyes and I sat up straight. I looked right back at her and said, "What do you mean, where's my integrity??!!" I was clearly offended. Where did integrity come into the picture here?? She repeated, "Yea, where's your integrity?" Her statement really puzzled me. I honestly couldn't understand the connection between not going to work and my integrity!! So I asked her, "What do you mean by integrity?" I knew it was a tough question to answer! If most people were asked to define the work 'integrity', they would say "it means being just and honest". That was my perception of the word too! But the answer mom gave me hit me straight in the heart. She said, "It means being honest to yourself even when no one is looking!" Inside my head went "WOW!!!" it was as if the universe had just revealed one of its greatest secrets to me. Suddenly, all the years that I had spent in ignorance of this knowledge came flashing to me and I felt a pinch inside me. I looked at her helplessly and said, "I didn't know this... what are you doing telling me this now?? You're supposed to tell me this when I'm 10 years old!!!" She said, "I thought you knew!" :)

Well...better late than never!
Wish you all a very Happy Diwali and may we all spend the New Year living in integrity!!
Enjoy your weekend :) Jai Gurudev!

3 comments:

  1. That was great!
    Happy Deepawali to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and thought provoking blog pooj .
    its very well written.
    If u ever get bored of law, u now have the option of an alternate career !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Poo - ACTUALLY sounds like the universe just revealed one of its greatest secrets.. :)

    ReplyDelete